неделя, 8 май 2011 г.

Back to Viennese: city and coffee

It's been a while as I have last written about drinks and cafeteria. But here is the inspiration I needed - I visited a city I love and moreover, I visited it accompanied by the right people, in the right time. 'No, it's not Vienna', a friend called the album of pictures showing in a creative way some of the best building in Ruse. Yes, it's not - it's even better because of the warm, friendly and relaxed feeling you get when walking around. No posing, no stiff-upper lip, but still very aristocratic. See here for yourself.

But let me tell you about coffee drinking there. For many year now, the speciality in the Ruse cafeteria was the so called 'Viennese coffee' - espresso with cream on it and cocoa powder on the top. Now I notice this otherwise obligatory part of the menu in each cafeteria and restaurant has been at some places replaced by the so 'modern' moccaccino, late, etc... The thing closest to Viennese was the so called coffee con pana. Ok, I respect the different languages but I'd really prefer to have back my good old Viennese coffee, which I remember from my school years - looks more or less that that (couldn't find a more exact picture):

After some arguments on choosing the best place to sit our choice for the first day was a cafe (and a curious fast food place) on the main pedestrian street - Planet Food. After an exhausting sightseeing tour the fresh coffee, great indoor design and many people around was what we needed. But we god a bonus - how I love nice surprises! - home-made lemonade, correct proportion of sugar, lemon and orange juice and water, price - twice as cheaper as it would have been in Sofia. We couldn't believe it, some of us had two glasses:-)

On the second day we visited a cafe/restaurant which offered us a green garden on the roof, relatively good quality coffee, great pizza and poor sandwiches :(


The place offered as a bonus an interesting view towards the backs and roofs of some major old buildings in the city centre and a couple of small waterfalls in the garden. So it was worth seeing it. All of it, all of Ruse :-)

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар